DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Bricks, Masonry and Concrete > concrete slabs that are not level

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-17-2008, 11:15 AM  
summerdreamer

Default concrete slabs that are not level

Hi,
Am wondering if there is anything out there that will relevel a cement slab. I have 2 slabs outside that hold water after it rains or the sprinklers go off. Hoping that I can fix it without having to pour new slabs.
Let me know what you think

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2008, 12:52 PM  
glennjanie

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Send a message via AIM to glennjanie

Hello:
You can use a concrete saw from the rental place to cut some grooves in the concrete to lead the water off to the side. The grooves will have to be at least 1/2" deep, or as deep as the water stands, and kept clear of debris. Use a wet saw to keep the dust down and make the blade last 3 - 5 times longer.
Glenn

Old 04-17-2008, 05:17 PM  
inspectorD
Housebroken
HRT_MODERATOR.png

Liked 122 Times on 102 Posts
Likes Given: 298

Default Welcome

There are companies who will pump a grout like substance under your slab to raise it to where it needs to be. One is www.a1concrete.com I believe they are all around the US.
This is only one company. Get a couple of quotes from referrals or the Yellow pages.
Stop back to tell us how you made out. Everyone would appreciate it who also has this issue. Backwards talking I am.....

Just My
Made in the

Old 04-19-2008, 06:08 AM  
southernelitecrete

Default there are polymer-modified,,,

cement mtls that we often use to fill ' birdbaths ' including ' feather-edging ',,, prep is MOST important however the new will not match the old's color,,, depending on your comfort level, might consider this alternative suggestion.

Quick Reply