DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Bricks, Masonry and Concrete > Deck Footing

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-15-2007, 05:22 PM  
cibula11

Since I am replacing the deck, there are already 3 footings poured. If I cut the posts off even with the concrete, could I set dek blocks on those? My new deck will be exactly the same width from the house so the post would be in the same area.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2007, 06:47 PM  
glennjanie

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Send a message via AIM to glennjanie

Yes, and if the current posts are not rotten, you could cut them off about 1' above the footer and splice the new posts on with new boards on each side of the post.
Glenn

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply