DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Bricks, Masonry and Concrete > how much does block concrete fence cost?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-30-2014, 01:41 PM  
nealtw
Contractor

Liked 746 Times on 666 Posts
Likes Given: 1303

Quote:
Originally Posted by BridgeMan View Post
It's been a week since the OP responded to our comments, so maybe she just gave up on us. I don't think she'll get her fence built for the ten or fifteen grand she somehow thinks it should cost., but I'm not about to guess at a number (that wouldn't be very meaningful anyway).
Have you noticed the price finders always leave when they don't get the right answers and never come back to tell us what they ended up doing.

Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2014, 01:45 PM  
Wuzzat?

Liked 164 Times on 151 Posts
Likes Given: 89

My guess for the center value for several bids would be sqrt(15K x 50K) = 27K and I'd modify this estimate according to Web opinions and Web facts while correcting it for locale.

If the low bid/high bid were closer together, like 15K and 25K, I guess I'd say (15K + 25K)/2 = 20K for a center value.

If I'd guess between $1K and $200K for an interval estimate, almost certainly this would be right.
Right now the lower end of this interval estimate seem to be >$15K.

Old 04-30-2014, 01:52 PM  
nealtw
Contractor

Liked 746 Times on 666 Posts
Likes Given: 1303

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wuzzat? View Post
My guess for the center value for several bids would be sqrt(15K x 50K) = 27K and I'd modify this estimate according to Web opinions and Web facts while correcting it for locale.

If the low bid/high bid were closer together, like 15K and 25K, I guess I'd say (15K + 25K)/2 = 20K for a center value.

If I'd guess between $1K and $200K for an interval estimate, almost certainly this would be right.
Right now the lower end of this interval estimate seem to be >$15K.
It dosn't matter, what ever information they get from here, it would be a guess at best or ads on line would only find a salesperson to come out and expand the price when they get there.

They still have to deal with contractors and there ideas or develope a plan to get quotes on. Whether the job done is good or bad the answer is still the same. It will be worth what they pay for it. There is no shortcut.

Old 04-30-2014, 01:57 PM  
Wuzzat?

Liked 164 Times on 151 Posts
Likes Given: 89

http://robertreich.org/post/79512527145

I guess what I'm offering is different but logic-based ways of interpreting the bids you get. It can't hurt, the OP can always decide I'm full of it.

Resumes don't seem to matter much on forums, anyway. . .

Closed Thread

Quick Reply