DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Bricks, Masonry and Concrete > Serious leak in foundation, NEED HELP ASAP

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-28-2009, 09:27 PM  
oldrustedtrain

Default Serious leak in foundation, NEED HELP ASAP

i have an old row home, and the cement patio in front is slanted towards the foundation. water pools up against the house, and it drains into the basement, cracking the retaining wall. is it possible to fix this without tearing up the patio and rebuilding it? i've tried sealants, compounds and hydraulic cement, and have had little luck so far.
thanks,
-daniel

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2009, 05:45 AM  
CraigFL

You need to find someone who will mudjack it for you to change the slope. Holes are drilled and high pressure mud is injected under the concrete to force it up.

Old 10-01-2009, 05:52 AM  
itsreallyconc

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

perhaps mudjacking'll work but i'll bet only temporarily & certainly for ONLY the rain that falls ON IT ! ! ! IF your house were in tx, results may be different, tho

wtr runs downhill ( wow - what a revelation, huh ? ) &, in its history, has already created little underground pathways leading further down to [ guess where ] to your foundation,,, IF you're lucky, it can be injected w/hydrophyllic polyurethane grout - i'd bet hydraulic's a waste of time & $ but you can diy the hyd approach.

even we'd have little luck trying to resolve this severe negative water problem, danny.
ps - we've done phila row houses & that exp helps recommend a method

Tags
cement, crack, foundation, leak, water damage

Quick Reply