DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Bricks, Masonry and Concrete > Subsidance of my front yard drive-way concrete

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-04-2010, 05:54 PM  
thermosets

Default Subsidance of my front yard drive-way concrete

Hi
I am a big fun of home improvement living in Texas.
Last year we expereienced a severe drought and the land sank 4~8 inches. In the winter, it came back some extent but my frontyard driveway conrete subsidance remained.
The right side (3ft x 15 ft) went down with slope and having 2~5 inches gap from the center concrete.
My friend says I need to replace and re-do all the sinking part and it would cost $5k~10k.
Is there any other way to fix this concrete ? My crieteria is;
1) Partial concrete replacement does not look nice. If possible, I want to use the existing concrete as much as possible with minor crack repairs.
2) I believe this subsidance will happen in the future. I want to do the fundamental repair & improvement, or establish a practice to fix which can be repeated at reasonable cost. (Like jack-up and fill in resin beneath the concrete possible?)
3) I want to make decision with knowing all the possible options.

Your advise is greatly appreciated.

Last edited by thermosets; 12-04-2010 at 05:56 PM. Reason: Spell miss

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2010, 03:39 PM  
itsreallyconc

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

not a big deal - just that you're seeing how expansive soil reacts,,, 2 options: rip out & replace OR find a slabjacker who knows his stuff,,, he'll drill some holes & jack it back up w/cement/sand slurry.

you cannot afford to fill those voids w/resin UNLESS your backyard oil well's bring in mucho dinero

Old 12-05-2010, 05:30 PM  
thermosets

itsreallyconc
Thank you for the response. I will call local contractors and ask the quote for both cases.

Quick Reply