DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > General Discussion > HouseRepairTalk Website Help > Signatures

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-16-2012, 12:51 PM  
Austin
Administrator
HRT_ADMIN.png

Liked 48 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 188

Default Signatures

We have implemented a new rule here on HouseRepairTalk.

If you would like to have a signature link please send me a private message and I will set you up with access to signatures.

The signature system is being abused by spammers right now and I'm looking to put a stop to it.

Last edited by TxBuilder; 10-16-2012 at 12:58 PM.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2012, 12:37 AM  
nealtw

Liked 541 Times on 490 Posts
Likes Given: 998

Kinda like good spam compared to bad spam. Member spam is just as bad as the people that just drop by with theirs. I was just over at garageretreat and find this kind of poster just silly http://www.garageretreat.com/forums/f35/older-garage-1555/.
Since I have been here I have seen two posters within 100 miles of me, expecting to sell services here is crazy. The idea here is to help people if I need to tell people what tickets I have or what have you in order to convince people I know what I am talking about, then I should shut up.

Old 10-25-2012, 10:31 AM  
Austin
Administrator
HRT_ADMIN.png

Liked 48 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 188

Quote:
Originally Posted by nealtw View Post
Kinda like good spam compared to bad spam. Member spam is just as bad as the people that just drop by with theirs. I was just over at garageretreat and find this kind of poster just silly http://www.garageretreat.com/forums/f35/older-garage-1555/.
Since I have been here I have seen two posters within 100 miles of me, expecting to sell services here is crazy. The idea here is to help people if I need to tell people what tickets I have or what have you in order to convince people I know what I am talking about, then I should shut up.
Link signatures also help with SEO value by increasing back links. It can increase where Google ranks businesses when people are looking for services in their area. It's really a benefit to those who would seek to help members out while rejecting the standard spam signatures.

Old 10-25-2012, 11:18 AM  
nealtw

Liked 541 Times on 490 Posts
Likes Given: 998

Yes I forgot about the numbers game that everyone wants to play. There are some who come here like Jeff1, who come and help solve problems. Use his link if you would like but others act like bulls and push there links at every chance.

Old 12-14-2013, 08:18 AM  
scoachby

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Hello,
Link signatures also help with SEO value by increasing back links. It can increase where Google ranks businesses when people are looking for services in their area. It's really a benefit to those who would seek to help members out while rejecting the standard spam signatures

Quick Reply