DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Framing and Foundation > HillyBilly special lean to lea to temp wall

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-05-2014, 04:42 PM  
kevindropboxx

Likes Given: 2

Stage-left-Crawl-Space
Kitchen on the right
Living room on the Left
There is a pier in the middle - you can't see.

stage-left-crwal-space-2.jpg  

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2014, 10:11 PM  
slownsteady
Supporting Member
HRT_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 120 Times on 103 Posts
Likes Given: 149

Ok. Sounds good to me. After you have the foundation under control, we'll just have to figure out how to turn around your roof!

Old 04-06-2014, 08:45 PM  
nealtw
Contractor

Liked 748 Times on 668 Posts
Likes Given: 1306

So I am still confused where or what but it looks like they scabed something to the side joist of the living room and hung the kitchen joists off of that. I think I like the idea of removing the sheeting from the kitchen floor so you can figure out what to do with structure with out crawling under the house.

Old 04-23-2014, 07:34 AM  
mabloodhound
Restoration & Renovations

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Kevin,

I just read through your thread and I am one that likes to save an old house when possible. Neal and the others have given some good advice. BUT the best advice was to get a framer to come in and help, or at least as a consultant. Maybe a friend of a friend but you will be all the wiser with having someone knowledgeable look at this first hand. Make sure he is a professional framer and not just someone who does occasional framing.
You've done great learning how to post pictures and using text to label them, now get someone to teach you about the framing. It shouldn't cost you that much for a consultant and then you and your buddys can go to work on fixing it. It does look like a place worth saving.
Dave Mason

Quick Reply