DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Framing and Foundation > House not level- foundation has settled, options?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-28-2011, 09:41 AM  
VTevaD

Default House not level- foundation has settled, options?

Hi, newbie here - I have a house built in 1955 -it is a "front-to-back split", see attached. It is not at all level, the front is lower than the back - all furniture and appliances have to be "leveled" or you feel like you are going to fall out of bed.(as much as 2 or 3 inches from one side of a full-sized bed to the other!) I have just lived with it to this point, is this worth jacking up and leveling? Even if I did, the finished basement would still be off level as it it part of the foundation..? Any and all advice appreciated!

img_0277.jpg  

Last edited by VTevaD; 03-28-2011 at 10:12 AM.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2011, 04:35 PM  
itsreallyconc

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

ramjack or chance systems,,, any house mover can help, too ! you could also get joey pots'n'pans & jimmy 3fingers to burn it & try to collect the ins

Old 03-28-2011, 05:52 PM  
epox

Depends on the causes of your settlement problems...If it is termites or rotten seals it could get into some money. If settlement is from your foundation/footings settling it also could cost....if it has settled 3" . when you do try to relevel it that much it will crack plaster/sheetrock and all that will need repair afterwards.....The basement floor can be releveled by pouring a new slab on top of the old one.

Last edited by epox; 03-28-2011 at 05:57 PM.

Old 03-28-2011, 08:17 PM  
oldognewtrick
HRT_MODERATOR.png

Liked 459 Times on 382 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsreallyconc View Post
ramjack or chance systems,,, any house mover can help, too ! you could also get joey pots'n'pans & jimmy 3fingers to burn it & try to collect the ins
...their in Mass, not Jersey...

Quick Reply