DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Framing and Foundation > mini barn doors

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-03-2011, 01:30 AM  
killian

Default mini barn doors

I'm having some asphalt ground swell issues infront of my shed, it looks like I'm going to have to raise the shed a couple of inches but for right now it has given me an excuse to change the door style.

I should start out by saying that I have done very littlte framing or building of anything really, so any tips or advice you can give me is appreciated.

I'm planning on making the barn doors open up by mounting a hinge to the top of the door frame and using a post to keep the door up.

I want to insulate the door because I plan to heat the barn at some point, but I'm thinking the insulation will weigh the door down.

Would metal framing make the door lighter?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply