DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Framing and Foundation > replace part of basement sill

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-28-2010, 11:23 AM  
kelargo

Default replace part of basement sill

in one corner of my house, there was a constant exposure to water. there was an outdoor faucet in this corner and the down spout also contributed to moisture here. I removed a garden hose holder, which looked like it just kept redirecting moisture onto the walls. in any event. the sill in this area gone, turned to moist powered. the house is around 100 years old. the Joists are rough sawed 2x10. Inside, I have a beam 3 2x8s being held up with tiger jacks. The foundation is stone. I haven't measured, but its at least 12 inches wide. This weekend I hope to get the sill plate installed. using different simpson strong ties and grade 5 lag screws and bolts to hold the re-enforcement together.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2010, 05:18 PM  
nealtw

Liked 690 Times on 617 Posts
Likes Given: 1211

This is way too much for an amature. You need to lift this whole corner back up and re structure the the rotted joists add sill plate and rim joist poke around with a screw driver. Have got good crawl space or basement?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply