DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Framing and Foundation > Rotten underlayment floor wood

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-18-2013, 07:09 PM  
Fredartic

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Rotten underlayment floor wood

This is a mobile home built in 1983 where we noticed water damage that was here long time ago, before we have bought the house. We have removed all and treated the structure against mold, after we had ice dams... So, what is the best way to repair the floor? I thought to remove the rotten part and let the good one that I will cover with a thick plywood.

img_0072.jpg  

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2013, 08:37 PM  
nealtw
Contractor

Liked 802 Times on 715 Posts
Likes Given: 1365

I like your plan, remove the black stuff and add spacers to the joists and cover with 5/8 or better tungue and grove plywood, glue and screw offset joints.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply