DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Framing and Foundation > Weeping tile installation

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-06-2014, 02:11 PM  
Jungle

Liked 28 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 31

I'm thinking the 6mm plastic is 10' - so 6' then just run the rest 4' up the bank, creating a trough. Bad idea? Maybe just a 2' lip?

Then the rest of the gravel and fabric go inside.

"Peat retains up to 20 times its weight in moisture, and releases water slowly as plants need it."

Why not get a yard of peat moss and mix it in?

Last edited by Jungle; 07-06-2014 at 04:34 PM.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2014, 12:57 PM  
slownsteady
Supporting Member
HRT_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 148 Times on 127 Posts
Likes Given: 200

Quote:
"Peat retains up to 20 times its weight in moisture,
Isn't the whole point of this to get the moisture away from the house??????

Quote:
I'm thinking the 6mm plastic is 10' - so 6' then just run the rest 4' up the bank, creating a trough.
Sounds like a funnel to me.

Old 07-08-2014, 05:16 PM  
Jungle

Ya i cut the plastic off. Used the landscape fabric.

It's hard putting it all back with skid steer, it start to rain really hard too, so i left for tomorrow. Could have order more gravel would have made it easier. But it is almost finished now.
I installed all the weeping tile and drain pipes in about 2 hours once i all the pieces.

It's tempting to demo their shed with skid steer. Why shouldn't i? It's my property. better take it slow and cut it with the circular saw, but why should waste my time? They have big concrete pad there too and a big freezer in the bloody shed. Old lady is a crack pot and told me get lost when i mentioned she has to move the shed. Well i think over time it will be easier. But how much patience should i give to these people? There are already nasty, certainly won't get much better.

Old 07-08-2014, 05:20 PM  
nealtw
Contractor

Liked 838 Times on 749 Posts
Likes Given: 1454

If it is not tied down, put a couple timbers on the side of ot and push it.

Old 07-08-2014, 05:55 PM  
Jungle

I got the 'letter' from the surveyor today. It is overly vague and then says if you give me $600 more i will be less vague. "There are some features over the line."
Is this guy f' serious? $1000 and he can't even write a decent letter?
Last year he say there are 'unique features to my property.' Like the 57 feet? What unique feature, i get a crazy neighbors included. He also said i would get all the information to put up all the fences. Seems those documents have gone.

Last edited by Jungle; 07-08-2014 at 06:02 PM.

Old 07-08-2014, 06:24 PM  
nealtw
Contractor

Sounds dumb enough. Take him to small depts court for all the docs that you have paid for, don't forget to include filing fees and big bucks for your time.
Unless he gave you a written quote that stated there would be different charges for docs. Check with the provence or feds to see if he can do this.
http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-99-142/page-2.html

Old 07-09-2014, 03:41 PM  
Jungle

Hi Neil, there is an association. I talked to them last Sept. they were encouraging to file a complaint. There are all powerful because they can take the license away. I think the neighbors will slowly come around. What else can they do? I've put my temporary fence up today. I might get some big limestone rocks delivered to the front of the driveway if they persist. I couldn't get the concrete pad off too easily so i gave up.

Last edited by Jungle; 07-26-2014 at 09:12 AM.

Old 07-09-2014, 03:56 PM  
nealtw
Contractor

If you are sure you are right just make the changes like fence or what ever, let the neaghbours deal with serveyors and lawyers if they don't like it. Get some orange paint and paint a line on the shed where your line is, up front and back and across the roof and then on your side of the roof write, will be cut off on, whatever date. Give them a little time to act on moving it or proving you are wrong.
Even if they get a stop work order, they would have a limited time to resolve the issue. But the expences would be theirs if they choose to go that route.
Of coarse we want to see pictures of the art work.

Old 07-10-2014, 03:38 PM  
Jungle

I think your underestimating the low level of people that around here, just like i did. It looks like an okay neighborhood, nice town. But when you realize every house is filled with these poor and angry families with middle aged kids bumming around. They not even so poor, just spend it on nothing. Actually the town has a lot of tourist right now, the water front is like a different world.

Last edited by Jungle; 07-10-2014 at 03:46 PM.

Old 07-10-2014, 04:59 PM  
Wuzzat?
Banned

Liked 167 Times on 154 Posts
Likes Given: 94

While everything is open you can spray it with water and test your system rather than waiting a day for the water to diffuse down through the finished landscape.

A bucket will keep track of how much water landed on the area wetted. In one minute with a garden hose you can deliver ~a cubic foot of water, 1" deep over a square yard or so. A sprinkler will take longer to deliver your 7.5 gallons.

BTW, you can choose to believe only some of what you read but you ought to know why you are believing it and not believing the rest.

Last edited by Wuzzat?; 07-10-2014 at 05:03 PM.

Quick Reply