DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Plumbing Forum > 3/4" Copper to 1/2" Copper Before Faucets?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-31-2011, 11:01 PM  
1victorianfarmhouse

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts

Default 3/4" Copper to 1/2" Copper Before Faucets?

Okay, so Phase 1 of my plumbing redo went well (add water softener, make new copper bypass and reconfigure to run house water through softener).

**AND, BIG thanks to Speedbump for his patience and excellent service in getting me set up with a good water softener system!**

This weekend I'm planning to replace all the old galvanized piping that handles cold water in the house for Phase 2.

I see 3/4" tubing being reduced to 1/2" tubing before it goes to the faucets. I'm guessing this is to speed up water pressure or volume at the faucet.

Mu question is how much distance before the faucet should I run 1/2" tubing? Copper, of course.

Thanks,

vince

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2011, 05:11 AM  
Redwood
Certified Lunatic

Basically the 1/2" would just serve the 1 fixture except the kitchen sink where the 1/2" hot would serve the kitchen sink & dishwasher, and the 1/2" cold supply would serve the kitchen sink & refrigerator water supply.

The 3/4" would run throughout the house and supply a 1/2" to each fixture off a 3/4 X 3/4 X 1/2 tee then the last tee would be a 3/4 X 1/2 X 1/2 supplying the last 2 fixtures.

Old 09-01-2011, 08:09 PM  
1victorianfarmhouse

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts

Thanks, Redwood. Dishwasher, refrigerator water supply? Not in my house, I'm old fashioned!

vince

Old 09-27-2011, 12:53 PM  
ccpyue

Likes Given: 1

Default Reduce Bushing size

Hellow Redwood, I've similar question. I live in Markham of Ontario, Canada. Recent I ordered a lavatory faucet. the pipes that come with it is bigger than my water coming pipe. I know nothing of pipe sizes in Canada or in my area. I measure the faucet pipe (inside the nut) diameter is 19mm, but the incoming water pipe outer diameter is only 16mm. If I need to buy a Reduce Bushing, which size should I buy?

Old 09-27-2011, 01:23 PM  
Redwood
Certified Lunatic

Typically here we see a 3/8" compression on the supply and 1/2" on the faucet side but i'm not sure of where you are measuring or, the metric conversion...

Quick Reply