DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum

DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum (
-   Plumbing Forum (
-   -   adjusting water in an old case 50 toilet (

dodgers 03-12-2009 08:37 AM

adjusting water in an old case 50 toilet
I have an old case 50 toilet. I have replaced the ballcock etc. Does anyone know how to adjust the water inside the tank. There are two different adjustments. Water inlet and past the ballcock is a regulator. This model has been discontined 40 years ago. Thanks for any help. :)

majakdragon 03-12-2009 11:13 AM

Most ballcock type tanks have two adjusting screws at the water inlet part of the ball rod. The screw on the left is to adjust the height of the ball, to keep it from hitting the lid. The one on the right is to adjust the water height in the tank. This should be 3/4" below the overflow. I would have gotten rid of the ball and replaced the inlet with a Fluidmaster 400A fill valve.

dodgers 03-12-2009 09:10 PM

Thanks for the response. The problem with installing a fluidmaster is that on this type of toilet it is impossible. It has a built in cavity for the water inlet.

majakdragon 03-13-2009 10:24 AM

Guess you will just be adjusting then. Good luck and hope it works for you.

dodgers 03-15-2009 09:43 PM

Thanks for your help, adjustments worked! Whew!:):):)

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:00 PM.