DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Plumbing Forum > Bathroom remodel

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-16-2010, 01:15 PM  
Dean07

Default Bathroom remodel

Hi All,

I want to do a bathroom remodel but I only have one bathroom (and due to the layout of my house it would be tough to find a place to put another bathroom besides in the basement). However, the bathroom remodel is pretty much a MUST because our bathroom is a train-wreck, the floor needs replacing (I think it's decaying), etc.

So, here are my questions:

1. Should i try to do the remodel in such a way that we can try to keep using the bathroom while I'm doing remodel? Is this even possible?

2. Should I try to install a new bathroom in my basement? Is it possible to install a new bathroom in a basement? (not sure if the waste water needs to flow down for it to all work out or what)

3. I guess I'm just looking for general recommendations. I might not do this remodel myself because it's for sure out of my league (but hey... only one way to learn, right?). Any thoughts/suggestions would be great.

Thanks,

-Dean

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2010, 12:32 PM  
Dean07

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothytaylor View Post
Hello! here in the UK, there are some companies which install whole bathrooms (i'm talking about bathroom cabinets taps, cisterns, the works!) It is best to have a carpenter check your basement first whether a bathroom installation is feasible or not.
Cool. Yeah, I know I could get somebody to install the whole bathroom. I need a 2nd bathroom anyway so I guess I'll just have to remodel my basement and install a bathroom down there BEFORE I tackle my main-floor bathroom remodel.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply