DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum

DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum (
-   Plumbing Forum (
-   -   Bathtub faucet repair (

nub 11-17-2011 10:42 AM

Bathtub faucet repair
its leaking, i need to change the rubbers, or change the whole thing.

Please can anyone help me

This setup is very old and i am unsure what to do next

joecaption 11-17-2011 07:07 PM

How old is old to you, if it's over 20 years then replace the whole thing.
There called washers not rubbers.
Do not buy some cheap store brand! If you do the chrome on the plastic will peel and it will start leaking agin in a few years. Look for Moen, American Standard, Kohler.
You going to have to have an access hole in the wall behind it to get it out.

pop746 12-04-2011 06:52 PM

I have a problem when I turn the water in the tub the shower comes on to. How can I fix this problem

Redwood 12-05-2011 01:38 AM

That would depend on what kind of valve you have...

As for the age I often fix faucets that are 20 years old and often much older than that! It depends on the faucet quality and your water conditions...

Can you post a picture of the valve?

isola96 12-05-2011 06:29 AM

The picture isnt showing but if the tub and shower is on at same time then central diverter stem is no good.
This is a blind reply

Redwood 12-05-2011 08:07 AM

I saw a couple of pictures showing the tub but not the faucet...:D
So we could use a little more information...

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:44 PM.