DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Plumbing Forum > Bathtub Spout Leaks Behind Spout (pics)

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-10-2009, 03:11 PM  
chehs01

Was anyone able to buy a replacement tub spout for masco 32192? I am unable to find a matching replacement. Thanks,

John

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2009, 03:34 PM  
glennjanie

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Send a message via AIM to glennjanie

Hello John:
I see what you mean. I went to Google and found you already there. I'm not familliar with the brand but most tub spouts are universal, having the shower diverter or not. Have you taken yours off and carried it down to the Home Depot, Lowe's, or the local plumbing supply house? They may be able to help.
Glenn

Old 01-10-2009, 08:01 PM  
chehs01

I bought my tub spout to home depot and lowes and they had no clue... there were a couple of people replied to this post earlier and had similar experience. I wonder if anyone was able to find a replacement part somewhere? I tried universal ones but those are simply too small. The fitting hole of my spout is about 1 1/2 inch in diameter so the universal spout can't fit in the pipe.

Old 01-11-2009, 06:05 AM  
inspectorD
Housebroken
HRT_MODERATOR.png

Liked 82 Times on 71 Posts
Likes Given: 159

Default Change

You may need to change your line of thought. Start with checking with the older local hardware store first, I have found many obsolete parts at ours in the next town over. Then if there is no luck, go to your plumbing supply house, they will have something to fit. Call a local plumber, there has to be a supply house somewhere nearby.
The box stores are good for discount stuff, not parts when you need them.

Just My
Made in the

Old 01-11-2009, 12:07 PM  
markjohnson2001@hotmail.c
losteaglescout

Hello all. I just bought a Masco 32192 at Lowes yesterday. It's in disguise as a Delta RP5834 tub spout (with a Masco 32192 sticker hidden underneath the spout). I can't for the life of me, figure out how to install it though. The existing copper and adapter don't match the diagram on the new spout's packaging.

Old 01-12-2009, 01:01 AM  
triple D

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default generac pictures...

It is all to often the instructions fit a broad variety of models. When you take it out of the box and look at it, can you see the difference holding it up to your old one? They may have changed design. Looks to me like you could cut off old adapter with sawzall, then sweat on a half inch coupling, with the proper length of pipe to recieve modern model spouts, that slide on with set screw underneath. I just cant believe there is no hope for repair of old unit. Good luck....

[COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]See my work-Check out my album. "Git 'Er Done":D [/FONT][/COLOR]

Old 01-12-2009, 03:00 PM  
jerager

I just went through this. The Delta RP5834 includes the adapter that is probably already on the pipe. I just removed (unscrewed) the inner brass ring from the back of the spout, and then it threaded right onto the old adapter.

Old 01-14-2009, 08:19 AM  
losteaglescout

Default FKA markjohnson2001

Thank you, that worked. I was unable to remove the brass adapter by hand so I bought a 1/2" threaded fitting and screwed that into it. Then, unscrewed the fitting and adapter all at once. I put the new o-ring on the old adapter and screwed on the new tub spout. No leaks!

Old 03-20-2009, 01:37 PM  
walker

I just replaced the Masco 32192 with Delta RP5836 removed the brass adapter works perfect.

Old 07-06-2009, 06:22 PM  
MsTeacher

Hi all,

Does the Delta RP5836 or the RP5834 fit the Masco 32192

Quick Reply