DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum

DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum (
-   Plumbing Forum (
-   -   clean out plug? (

shovelshort 05-10-2007 07:22 PM

clean out plug?
I'm back!

Ok, here is what I need to do. I have two 5" black plastic pipes coming up level with my concrete basement floor. I had carpet layed recently and I want to cap these with something that looks better than a plastic cap. I found some bronze metal caps that screw into a 4" pipe and have a built in clean out plug (Jones Stephens Corp. part # D59-945). I assume I need to reduce this inside with something female threaded.

The existing white plastic clean out plug is about 1 foot down inside of pipe. It is bowl shaped with 4 prongs sticking out on the inside. I need to remove this plug since the new cap has one built in and I won't be able to remove the old one when I need to. What's the trick? Special tool? Am I way off on these even being clean out plugs?

glennjanie 05-11-2007 09:47 AM

Yes, they are most likely cleanouts. You can use a male adapter on a new pipe and screw it in. Then put a plug fitting on the top with the brass plug in it; I think the brass will screw into the same threads as the plastic plug.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:08 AM.