DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Plumbing Forum > clean out plug?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-10-2007, 07:22 PM  
shovelshort

Default clean out plug?

I'm back!

Ok, here is what I need to do. I have two 5" black plastic pipes coming up level with my concrete basement floor. I had carpet layed recently and I want to cap these with something that looks better than a plastic cap. I found some bronze metal caps that screw into a 4" pipe and have a built in clean out plug (Jones Stephens Corp. part # D59-945). I assume I need to reduce this inside with something female threaded.

The existing white plastic clean out plug is about 1 foot down inside of pipe. It is bowl shaped with 4 prongs sticking out on the inside. I need to remove this plug since the new cap has one built in and I won't be able to remove the old one when I need to. What's the trick? Special tool? Am I way off on these even being clean out plugs?

Last edited by shovelshort; 05-10-2007 at 07:49 PM.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2007, 09:47 AM  
glennjanie

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Send a message via AIM to glennjanie

Hello:
Yes, they are most likely cleanouts. You can use a male adapter on a new pipe and screw it in. Then put a plug fitting on the top with the brass plug in it; I think the brass will screw into the same threads as the plastic plug.
Glenn

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply