DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Plumbing Forum > Disappointed

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-03-2006, 05:57 PM  
Mudball

Default Disappointed

Well we got all the under slab drains in place up to the outside edge of the house. I will run the rest of it out to the septic later. I hired a guy to help with the plumbing that use to be a plumber. I didnt like the way he was gluing the joints together. I did help where I felt I could. We filled 4" vent pipe with water Sunday and after work today I drained water so I could lift pipe and found where slow drip was in three different places These were not the places I thought I would have problems with. Like the one place where we used a 2 1/2" long pipe between two others and I thought it should have been at least 3 1/2 to 4" long. This guy only charged me 100.00 for material list and to put system together. I guess I got what I paid for. Actually his knowledge was great it was craftsmanship that was not so good.
My question is should I be concerned about the other joints being on the verge of leaking ? Or if they are not leaking now then will they be ok later ?
Im seriously considering taking the complete system out and doing it over again myself since I know how to do it. Any thoughts

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2006, 07:20 PM  
Mudball

I have decided to replace all the fitting myself. At least I know how it all goes together now.

Old 07-06-2006, 07:32 PM  
Square Eye

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Very aggrevating when you hire someone to do a job and you end up redoing it yourself.

Makes a man want to smack something (someone).

[URL="http://www.houserepairtalk.com/announcement.php?f=39&a=6"][size=3]The Ten Commandments of House Repair Talk[/size][/URL]

[URL="http://home.bellsouth.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=16&groupid=289528&ck="]Square Eye's home page[/URL]

Old 07-06-2006, 07:38 PM  
Mudball

Yes Square Eye. I did feel that way at first but I know I will be much more satisfied doing the job myself anyway.

Old 07-06-2006, 07:39 PM  
Mudball

Can we post pictures or links to our pictures of our projects on here or do we have to put them in our "Gallery" ?

Old 07-06-2006, 07:44 PM  
Square Eye

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

You can click on the insert image icon, looks like mountains on a postcard, to link to off-site photo storage.

OR attach a pic by going advanced.
Add an attachment directly from your computer by clicking on the paper clip.

OR..

Submit a link by clicking on the Earth with chainlinks icon.

We like pictures!!

[URL="http://www.houserepairtalk.com/announcement.php?f=39&a=6"][size=3]The Ten Commandments of House Repair Talk[/size][/URL]

[URL="http://home.bellsouth.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=16&groupid=289528&ck="]Square Eye's home page[/URL]

Old 07-06-2006, 07:54 PM  
Mudball

That sounds great. I like to use Photo Bucket. I just didnt know if it was alright to attach a link for a picture with a direct Post Reply or if pictures had to be in our Gallery. I will take some I hope this coming weekend.
Thanks

Quick Reply