DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Plumbing Forum > Faucet leaking under sink...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-24-2014, 03:35 PM  
Calman

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Well folks ... I think I FINALLY have a conclusive find!!!!!!!!!!!

Not sure if it was clever or lucky, but I replaced the O-rings with a rub of grease, but swapping the top and bottom over. Now, having rigged it all up again, making sure everything is nice and tight, I can clearly witness beads of water leaking from the chrome screw on dome at the base of the faucet (roughly a bead runs down every 4-5 seconds) .. so it is leaking and finding a way out on the front and back of that screw on dome, no matter if it's hand tight or wrench tightened.

So... would it be a clear deduction, that swapping over the O-rings is now showing me the failing O-ring from above, rather than water finding it's way down inside the base of the faucet previously, then seeping down into the cabinet below??

Either way, It looks like it's time to take the O-rings walkabout and "hopefully" find the exact replacement parts for this faucet model. It always makes me nervous when certain suppliers use the term "generic" .. so I will do my best to avoid that.

Anyway, thanks for everyone's quality feedback - I feel that I can finally move forward on this saga, although the ultimate reward will be to come back here and report NO LEAK!!!! *fingers crossed*

All the best,
Cal

Old 06-24-2014, 04:47 PM  
Calman

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Slight follow-up ...

Apparently, looking up the Peerless Part No RP2055. I need these Delta compatible replacement O-rings (our spout base only requires two of course, which I would assume are the two beefier ones in this pack?).

http://www.deltafaucet.ca/repairparts/details/rp2055.html

All the best,
Cal

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2014, 04:57 PM  
nealtw
Contractor

Liked 802 Times on 715 Posts
Likes Given: 1362

Once you have that figured out, we will just consider you as the Peerless expert.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply