DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum

DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum (
-   Plumbing Forum (
-   -   Fixing old plumbing (

CallMeVilla 02-08-2014 09:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Good news ... you can get flexible fittings which give you enough give to make the connection. You will have to have a solid black ABS above and below the fitting ... then couple them using a FERNCO coupling.

I have even seen drain Y's in flex material ... nco.aspx&docid=uF22kLLBYxXeGM& ia%2Fproduct%2F625859_front500.jpg&w=500&h=500&ei=-f72UtbVG4rZoAT0zYDoDA&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=4328&page=1&start=0&ndsp=17&ved=0CHgQrQMwDA

There is hope for you!

CallMeVilla 02-09-2014 09:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Here in CA, we use ABS and PVC below ground ... PVC is rated for pressure purposes and suitable for underground applications. Since you are dealing with a DWV situation, ABS is perfectly appropriate when you use the proper fittings and follow primer/gluing procedures. BTW, primer establishes a chemical reaction which helps melt the plastic together ... it can be really important on the pressure side!

Your local code and skills would determine your choice ...

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:30 AM.