DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum

DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum (
-   Plumbing Forum (
-   -   Help Identifying Bathtub Faucet (

perkins_j99 01-06-2013 09:14 PM

Help Identifying Bathtub Faucet
4 Attachment(s)
I have a 1960's home and the bathtub began leaking water constantly a few years back. I capped off the copper going to the two faucets (hot and cold) under the house. Now I want to actually fix the faucets to get some temporary use; but I can't figure out who makes the valves so I don't know where to buy parts (i.e. seats, gaskets, seals, etc.). Maybe you can help? Attached are a few pictures. Thanks in advance!!

nealtw 01-06-2013 09:43 PM

Most time you don't need to know who made it, just take you parts to plumbing or hardware store and match them up.

kok328 01-07-2013 06:11 PM

you might be better off in the long run to buy a new/cheap faucet if it's only for temporary use. You should be able to find something in the $15-20 range.

perkins_j99 01-07-2013 07:40 PM

I have looked at the box stores and can't find anything like it. I also considered just buying a whole new setup but it's going to require me to bust into the tile which I was trying to avoid. The bathroom will get remodeled anyway at some point so maybe it's the best way to go. I may try taking the parts into an actual plumbing shop and see what they say. Thanks for the responses thus far.

nealtw 01-07-2013 08:44 PM

You should be able to find the parts, Or you could change it to the new single lever, moen and others make a cover plate that would cover the old holes. It's not fun but it can be done without ripping down the wall.

frankflynn 01-08-2013 11:16 PM

Go to a "real" plumbing store. Not a box store. They will help you there with everything you need especially including knowledge which they will charge you almost nothing for. I'm certain you can fix these faucets - probably for just a few $$ maybe all you need are new rubber washers.

Good Luck,

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:31 PM.