DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Plumbing Forum > help with yellow water (neutrilizer on well went out)

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-08-2011, 09:11 PM  
bwhit

Default help with yellow water (neutrilizer on well went out)

So my neutrilizer went out a couple weeks ago and I just noticed it and got it fixed. My problem is my toilet got a yellow film on it during the 2 weeks i was running the water without the neutrilizer. I got the toilet cleaned and it is staying clear. But the shower floor will not clean up. So i believe that the hot water heater got that same yellow film built up inside it and thats why i am still getting the staining only wear hot water comes into the house. So my question is how do I clean the yellow film from the inside of the water heater?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2011, 07:47 AM  
Speedbump
Water well etc.

Liked 21 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I assume by neutralizer, you mean a PH correction unit. I also assume you have an iron filter which works best with a neutral PH. So if your neutralizer quit raising the PH, the filter would bypass some iron into the home. I don't think you need to worry about the Water Heater. Just use the water and the yellow should take care of itself. As long as the iron filter is working properly that is.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply