DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum

DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum (
-   Plumbing Forum (
-   -   Horizontal Pivot Rod (

milbel 01-11-2010 08:57 AM

Horizontal Pivot Rod
I am remodeling our bathroom and am installing a new sink & faucet assembly. The horizontal pivot rod, that came with the faucet assembly, is too short for the span between the drain and the faucet on the sink by 2-3 inches.
Is there anywhere I can buy a longer pivot rod, or a way to adapt the standard one?

GregC 01-16-2010 07:10 AM

Hello, sometimes you have to make a bend in the vertical extension piece that comes down from the "lift rod" of the faucet. You should have an extension rod with a wing nut or thumb screw to adjust up and down, and holes in that piece to slide over the "pop-up" rod on the tailpiece of the drain from bottom of sink. Is this correct? That "pop-up" rod is usually a standard length. You may need to bend the extension piece to slide it over the "pop-up" rod. Kind of making and "s" shape in the vertical extension. Hope this makes sense.

Redwood 01-16-2010 10:30 PM

Time to go to a decent hardware store and buy a piece of rod the same diameter as the ball rod and a rod coupling...

wdlugitch 03-03-2011 07:28 AM

What hardware store would you suggest to obtain such an extension part? I have gone to my local big box stores, and neither has it.

inspectorD 03-03-2011 01:40 PM

Your local contractor plumbing supply house will have what you need.

wdlugitch 03-04-2011 07:28 AM

I am going there today.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:13 AM.