We're having new kitchen cabinets installed. The sink cabinet is 24" wide and 27" deep. We chose this size over 24" deep to fit a garbage can under the sink. I need to figure out where to place the sink, the faucet, the disposer etc optimally so that (i) it's convenient, (ii) there is enough space for the can, (ii) there is enough space for the disposer and all the plumbing etc. Here are more details:
- The sink is Alpha U-235 (Alpha International :: Under Mount Sinks
- We will probably install a 1/3 hp disposer. We're not concerned that much about its noise since we use it rarely.
- We have a dishwasher to the left of the sink cabinet
- We will probably install a single-lever faucet in one of the corners of the sink's "D"
Now a few questions:
1. How far back can we push the sink to the wall?
2. Is there any advantage/disadvantage of placing the faucet behind the sink rather than in the corner?
3. We may want to use the 1/3 hp disposer that we have now, but if we decide to buy a new one, how do we figure out its optimal size?
4. Other than the obvious consequences of pushing a sink all the way to the wall or, conversely, as close to the front edge of the countertop as possible, are there, is either approach better in terms of connecting all the plumbing, repairing it or the disposer if it breaks etc?