DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum

DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum (
-   Plumbing Forum (
-   -   Outdoor faucet repair (

hoyvenon 04-08-2012 07:02 PM

Outdoor faucet repair
1 Attachment(s)
Outdoor faucet had some piece blow off and now when I turn water on, it shoots up out of faucet (attached pic probably explains it a lot better than me). What is the missing piece called, and is repair/installation of replacement piece something that a rookie could take a crack at ? Or need I leave this to the hired pros ?
Thanks for any guidance.

itiswhatitis1 04-08-2012 07:25 PM

It a vacuum breaker. You got to put the cap back on. I don't think you can only buy the cap. You will have to replace the hole thing. But it called a vacuum breaker cap for hose bib. Go to lowes or home depot

hoyvenon 04-14-2012 01:01 PM

Thanks itis etc
Your reply and a quick search of a YouTube "how to" vid made this a very easy (5 mon) and cheap ($4 for repair kit) job for this no-skill novice.
Thanks !

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:22 PM.