DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Plumbing Forum > Plumbing drain advice need

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-11-2013, 04:32 PM  
nealtw

Liked 684 Times on 612 Posts
Likes Given: 1209

I think I have it now , #4 loops into #5 which is the vent. The garberater should have a spot on the side for the dishwasher hose, you will have to knock out the center as it is sealed while not in use.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2013, 09:23 AM  
gunit

Default New Configuration.... looks good but got a leak...

Ok, after many excuses to delay this project, I decided yesterday just to go an do it. Well, a couple of things I had to do, I had to knock out the plug out of the garburator so I could connect the hose, which meant I had to take the garburator out, which actually was easier than I thought, jus one quick turn to the left and it dropped out. Being that easy to remove, I was abit worried that when I put it back in that I was for sure going to have a leak... I haven't tried it yet, so I hope there isn't.

so I bought all the pieces as per the recommendation from everyone to minimize the amount of bends. It was not the easiest to get everything square and took abit of grunt force to get everything in place. So I glued the joints that need to be glued and then use the normal screw in joints for the rest of them.

I opted to go with a ptrap with a cleanout plug.

So once everything was said and done, I waited an hour for the glue to dry, I put water through it, and found a leak!!!! the leak was coming from the cleanout plug at the bottom of the ptrap. everything was closed by the time I realized this. I am hoping that Teflon tape will do it, but maybe I wasn't suppose to go with this configuration with the cleanout trap??? Anyway, I will post some pictures, any feedback would be appreciated. I hope that I can make this work with the cleanout plug because it will be a chore in itself to redo this whole this with a ptrap without the plug!!!

new-config-plumbing.jpg  

Old 04-08-2013, 04:07 PM  
nealtw

The tape should work fine. I wouldn't have used the one with a cleanout as the whole thing can be taken out anyway.

Old 04-08-2013, 05:19 PM  
gunit

Thanks... if for some reason using Teflon tape doesn't solve it, should I just use plumbers glue on the threads and glue it completely shut? I am dreading have to take everything apart and put it back together with the normal ptrap!

Old 04-08-2013, 05:44 PM  
nealtw

I think the tape will do it.

Quick Reply