DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum

DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum (
-   Plumbing Forum (
-   -   Replace leaky bathroom faucet tube or entire assy? (

LostinBrooklyn 12-01-2012 01:20 PM

Replace leaky bathroom faucet tube or entire assy?
2 Attachment(s)
I have what looks to be a 20-year-old American Standard Reliant faucet in my bathroom that recently started leaking. 20 years is great for scotch. It's not so good for hardware. I went to buy a replacement tube at Home Depot for the leaky cold water supply before checking out what's there; I don't think these hot and cold water supplies are meant to be replaced. And where's the nut holding the faucet hardware in place? There's just a mess of stuff up there.

Thinking I might just call a plumber. Thoughts?

itiswhatitis1 12-01-2012 05:25 PM

They sell supply tube at home depot. They also sell new faucet there too. You said the faucet 20 year old anyway. So if you want parts to fix the faucet go to a plumbing supply house. Or call a plumber and get rip off. Or call a handy man jack all trades master of none.

LostinBrooklyn 12-01-2012 06:01 PM

can someone confirm what I suspect: That certain older American Standard faucets don't have replaceable hot and cold water supply tubes? These appear to be integrated into the faucet.

FWIW, I'm just guessing about the age. I just bought this apartment, I didn't build it. :-)

itiswhatitis1 12-01-2012 09:23 PM

Just change the hole thing out it will be cheaper that way

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:06 PM.