DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum

DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum (
-   Plumbing Forum (
-   -   Replacing ballcock assembly (

JeremyB 12-27-2013 05:06 PM

Replacing ballcock assembly
Hi Guys,

I was at my aunts house today and noticed that the ballcock assmebly is leaking at the top. If I replace the assembly does the float and float arm have to be replaced also? or can I use the old one?

When removing the old one I just unscrew the water supply ( after turning off water ) and loosen the nut on the assembly right?



frankflynn 12-28-2013 10:29 AM

It's pretty straight forward. You replace or user the old float depending if the replacement comes with a new one. Some of the replacements have the float as an integrated part of the valve, others not.

My guess is you will know immediately when you go to your local plumbing supply and see what they carry. You can turn off the water, disassemble the old one and take it in with you.

joecaption 12-28-2013 12:51 PM

Get rid of that old style valve and replace with a new Fluid Master valve.
Any box store, hardware, even Wal-Mart will have them.
About a 1/2 hour fix and a $10.00 part.

havasu 12-28-2013 01:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a pic of what you need to repair your toilet.

nealtw 12-28-2013 04:07 PM

I would change everything and be done with it.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:14 PM.