allright - slowly but surely making progress! i have made all the drops for the bathrooms. my problem was like my friends - overthinking it. no reason to totally replace the old pipe, just run the new stuff wherever you can get it to go to get to the desired location and be done with it. drain out the old pipes and cut the outlets off at the wall and drywall over them. looks like i can do the whole job all by myself at a cost of about $650, thats after adding a shop sink and extra hose bib. just used a hole saw so far, then ran the pex up to the top plate or in some cases there is a void from the furdown and the tubing just flows right out into the attic. then i will make the connections to the valve and finish with a chrome baseplate. i also went ahead and spent $400 for the Milwaukee Propex Expander to ensure the best connections possible (imho). only one true sheetrock cut out looks necessary, in a guest bedroom to reach a hose bib, otherwise just the hole saw holes next toi each toilet. everything else is cut out from inside a cabinet. sooooo much more simple that i originally imagined. any comments or suggestions or tips for pitfalls i have not considered are very welcome!