DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Plumbing Forum > Show trickle, valve/body issue

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-23-2013, 11:24 AM  
gottodo1

Liked 15 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Caduceus,
Just go back to your "master plumber only" forums and get out of here. You obviously didn't read very much of the thread if you're comparing me to that and you don't know the whole story so congratulations on making ASSumptions.

I'm renting the house to a veteran who's 100% disabled and has had 3 really bad years. His credit is bad, but he's a Christian and has a great family so I really want to help the guy out. He's living in a gorgeous house I used to live in 2 years ago and I loved it so much I upgraded the hell out of it solar water heater, 80gal water heater tank, tiled front courtyard, 4 bed 3 bath... On my part he's only paying a fraction of the rent necessary to cover the expenses of the house so since he's kind of handy I ask him to look at things as much as he can to help me out but I've had a dishwasher replaced and anything that actually impacted the livability of the house.

I've had alot of really bad luck with ripoff artists in both plumbers and contractors in general so I did generalize but I did admit in another part that there is a time and place when you have to get one and try to find one who's not a scum bucket. I don't know you or if you rip people off but by your comment I would wager you're as unintelligent as the rest of the plumbers I've worked with.

Just go back to your master plumbers only forum where DIYs aren't welcome because I'd rather get half brained advice and talk through things with honest people than advice from people in you "craft", witch craft right?

10/1/11: Bought the perfect house;
11/1/12: 10k & 200 hours
08/1/13: 30k & 400 hours into the perfect house
12/1/13: 35k & 500 hours
02/1/14: 37k & 550 hours
08/18/14: 38k & 650 hours it's starting to come together or maybe I'm coming apart

Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2013, 06:47 PM  
Caduceus
Plumber

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Hey pot...meet kettle. I know you better than you know yourself gotodo1. Your quote "if that renter complains much more I'll just evict them and sell the house for a profit." really shows who you are.
You would really evict a disabled veteran because of complaints and you have the balls to accuse me of not reading everything? You don't even remember what you said (even though it right in front of your eyes to read again) and by generalizing plumbers as rip off artists just shows again that you are shallow.
I help people on several forums and none are plumbers only, so this shows that you ASSume with the best of them. I actually didn't assume anything. Everything that I said was a direct representation of your statements. Maybe you are accustomed to speaking without thinking or being held accountable for what you say, but I can play this game for years and have a great time at it with you because of one important fact....you started it.
Yup, that's it. You started it and you haven't even attempted to apologize so put on your bib, grab your fork and like I said before, eat my a$$.

Old 09-23-2013, 06:53 PM  
nealtw
Contractor

Liked 730 Times on 651 Posts
Likes Given: 1278

OK you have both had your fun, you should stop now before one of the mods come along, they do have the tools to stop you. So play nice.

Old 09-23-2013, 06:59 PM  
Caduceus
Plumber

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Well, neal, I guess I'm just gonna go anyways. If gotodo1 is an example of what to expect here, maybe professionals aren't welcome in this forum to help DIYers. Insulting my trade and character without even knowing me will always be met with a quick and pointed response.

Old 09-23-2013, 07:08 PM  
nealtw
Contractor

Liked 730 Times on 651 Posts
Likes Given: 1278

gotodo1, has obvieously had a problem with some one, which we can't fix here and his harsh opinion should not have been voiced here, but we all make mistakes. At the same time he does not speak for the hundreds of members and thousands of visiters that stop by for some information. So for what it's worth I hope you stay.

Old 09-23-2013, 08:02 PM  
guyod

Liked 21 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Gotodo did you you fix it ? My brother inlaw and the same problem. With the cartridge out I put my finger over the cold water hole and had him turn on the water to the house and some black gunk shot out of the hot side and the he had hot water again. Using the full water pressure was enough to clear the pipe. Maybe you could be so lucky.

Old 09-24-2013, 07:53 AM  
gottodo1

Thanks Guyod, I haven't had any time to do any more with it yet. I was going to try using an air compressor to see if we could force it back up and out a nearby hot water faucet, but maybe trying that would be easier.

-gott

08/18/14: 38k & 650 hours it's starting to come together or maybe I'm coming apart

Old 09-24-2013, 08:28 AM  
gottodo1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nealtw View Post
gotodo1, has obvieously had a problem with some one, which we can't fix here and his harsh opinion should not have been voiced here, but we all make mistakes. At the same time he does not speak for the hundreds of members and thousands of visiters that stop by for some information. So for what it's worth I hope you stay.
Neal, if voicing my experience and opinions are wrong then we shouldn't have any forums or BBSs, Plus I would gladly stand by anything I've said. MR master plumber got all hurt that someone has had a half dozen bad experiences. I've reported plumbers to the TSBPE and after the numerous complaints they've lost their "master" title. I've tried to clean the ranks of the master plumbers and I imagine if they were a little stricter about who they admitted, our self proclaimed master plumber wouldn't have so many people smearing his title.

The same thing could easily be said for Colleges who are propping up students to keep attendance rates climbing. So this of course doesn't just impact his title.

As "titles" have evolved over time in this country they keep meaning less and less because the people who have them become less and less qualified to do so. Rather than be mad at me that master plumber should be mad at the other "master" plumbers I've had who have repeatedly lowered my expectations to the point where I see a title of Master Plumber as nothing more than someone trying to steal my money, over charging me for the effort they put it, and in the past taking advantage of my lack of knowledge. That would be too hard for him to do of course as he would then have to doubt how valuable his own title is and therefore value himself by something other than his title.

That's why I didn't take offense at him calling me a slum lord, because I understand there's to many landlords who are just that. Without all the facts I'm sure he could see it that way that's why I explained the situation.

I've been on lots of forums where "master plumbers" try to intimidate or harass DIYers just like this guy because DIYers are cutting into their profit margins. Bad service, bad quality, bad attitudes from licensed master plumbers versus doing it yourself cheaper... it's not a hard choice. Which is why I started here. I'll gladly admit not every master plumber is bad, just like every criminal in jail isn't guilty you can't always account for that 0.1% that don't deserve the problems that the title they have causes them.

Old 09-24-2013, 01:40 PM  
Austin
Administrator
HRT_ADMIN.png

Liked 50 Times on 43 Posts
Likes Given: 192

Offended by something? Don't engage. Send me a pm, or use the report feature.

Closed Thread

Quick Reply