DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum

DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum (
-   Plumbing Forum (
-   -   Shower Diverter Valve (

MMC_Milwaukee 10-03-2013 01:52 PM

Shower Diverter Valve
1 Attachment(s)

I'm replacing my old 1950's steel tub with a new 18" deep one. With the deeper tub I need to move the supply side plumbing up about 2". In the picture you can see the 1950's installer decided to connect copper to galvanized in order to make the shower plumbing installation easier. As this is no longer acceptable practice, I was wonder what options do I have to work with the galvanized supply pipes? Are there shower diverter valves made to connect to galvanized? Or should I look for valve I can connect to PEX or CPVC?

What is the best option to go from galvanized to the shower plumbing? And what sort of store would carry the supplies necessary (Lowe's and Home Depot do not carry shower diverter valves)

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:32 PM.