DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum

DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum (
-   Plumbing Forum (
-   -   Shower liner replacement (

mrbrown38 03-14-2012 06:41 PM

Shower liner replacement
I'm sure it has a proper term, but I'm unsure of what it's called. There is a plastic/rubber piece that sits under the door of my shower door. It is hardened and looks like it's full of mold.

I was wondering what it's called and how I replacement?

Here is a picture of what it looks like:

I tried ripping out the current lining, but it looked like I was just ripping out the top portion.

nealtw 03-14-2012 07:50 PM

Finding a replacement for an older door might be a trick but you may be able to find something that will work at places like this.

Welcome to the site!

mrbrown38 03-14-2012 10:40 PM

Thank you very much. Shower Door Sweep, I'll remember that.

Any recommendations on removal? Do I have to take the frame apart somehow?

nealtw 03-14-2012 11:33 PM

If you can find the right replacement, you might have to take it apart, but if all you can find is something to stick on top than I guess you could just cut it off flush.

mrbrown38 04-05-2012 08:27 AM

Back again =). So I think cutting it flesh might be the way to go. I can't figure out how to take the frame apart and feel like if I push any further I'll destroy the frame.

If I cut it off flesh, what are my options at that point?

nealtw 04-05-2012 02:23 PM

You will have to find something simular that is a peel and stick. You may find it a hardware stores or glass shop.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:18 PM.