DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Plumbing Forum > Tub Faucet Leaks during Shower

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-02-2009, 09:52 PM  
Nestor_Kelebay
Emperor Penguin

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

You'll just have to believe me, Redwood.

Where I live, I've never seen a screw-on tub spout with a hole in the bottom to provide access to a non-existant set screw.

What you have there is a company that's simply using the same cover on their screw-on tub spouts as they do on their slip-on tub spouts, and I don't think that's a good practice. If a home owner sees a hole to access a set screw, but doesn't find a set screw, he's going to be reluctant to conclude there isn't a set screw. Instead, he's going to wonder (as you suggested in an earlier post) if the set screw has rotated on a collar and is no longer visible from the bottom.

Last edited by Nestor_Kelebay; 06-02-2009 at 10:59 PM.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2009, 11:09 AM  
Redwood
Certified Lunatic

I believe you Nestor...

But most of the spouts I see are the type I described.
The fact that their production can be limited to one spout fits all with and adapter lowering product costs is attaractive as well as having the drain hole that allows any leakage to land on the wet side of the wall without causing water damage is also attractive.

The clamp can easily be seen through the hole in the bottom even if it has been rotated by brute force.

Sometimes people just need to look before they proceed and it saves them money...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply