DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Plumbing Forum > Unable to remove Toe Tap threading

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-23-2007, 06:47 PM  
danw

Default Unable to remove Toe Tap threading

Hello,
We have a pretty old tub which the toe tap drain is corroded. I tried to remove the drain fitting as directions of taking a pair of pliers putting them upside down and twisting the old drain off. While doing this I heard a snap and the piece broke off.

So now my situation is that I have a drain pipe still with the metal part of the drain fitting and wont come off. Does anyone have any tips or tricks to get the metal fitting off without damaging the actual pipe?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2007, 08:47 PM  
glennjanie

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Send a message via AIM to glennjanie

Welcome DanW:
The toe tap is made into the drain pipe and probably needs to be destroyed, if necessary, to remove it. You can go to the Depot or Lowes and get a complete new waste and overflow to replace it with for less than $20.
Please let us know how it works out for you.
Glenn

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply