DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Plumbing Forum > Water drops in the interior walls

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-16-2010, 09:05 AM  
zzoo

Default Solution ?

You guys really reassure me. I was so worried. Knowing that is not water leakage, I can sleep in peace now.

I may sound bit stupid here, but is there any way to fix that dripping noise without breaking the walls ? I have to many walls to break to fix everything, then it may cost a fortune.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2010, 09:52 AM  
Nestor_Kelebay
Emperor Penguin

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
I may sound bit stupid here, but is there any way to fix that dripping noise without breaking the walls ?
No, unless you can use a mechanic's stethoscope to pinpoint the source of the sound, and it happens to be in an accessible location, you can't fix this without taking it apart. Basically, this is just one of those things about a large complex assembly like a house that's put together by the hands of sinners that's not perfect. Even a brand new house or building will have little things wrong with it like this. This is a very common problem. It's not so much a problem as it is a concern. Once people find out that it's water pipes rubbing against the wood framing of the walls, they're not concerned any more.

Only get concerned if you SEE evidence of water leakage.

Last edited by Nestor_Kelebay; 04-16-2010 at 10:01 AM.

Old 04-16-2010, 02:08 PM  
handyguys

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Send a message via Skype™ to handyguys

Yup, it could be "fixed" but as nestor said, it would involve opening up walls and quite probably some plumbing work in the offending areas.

I know someone that lived right next to a trolley line. They never heard the trolley roll past their house, when we visited and one went by we thought it was derailing and going to hit the house. They just got used to it. In a few months maybe you wont even notice it.

The Handyguys Podcast [url]http://www.handyguyspodcast.com[/url]

Quick Reply