DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Plumbing Forum > Water Leak?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-29-2009, 05:24 PM  
shan2themax

Send a message via AIM to shan2themax Send a message via Yahoo to shan2themax

So, I crawled under the house and my light came unplugged..... and then I crawled out and plugged it back in.... and then crawled back under..... it is really wet under there especially where the kitchen/fullbath/laundry/halfbath plumbing all meet.... and.. as I was shining the light up towards the pipes.... it came unplugged again.... so, with what little light I had, the pipes are either sweating or they are leaking... it is only 78 today outside... and the ground is eroded in a few places under there.....
I am amazed at the shut off valves under the house..... what in the world is the purpose of 8 shut offs in 1100 square feet with 1.5 baths?
anyways..... I may go ahead and call a plumber monday... I mean.. my water bill is $80 a month and has been for a long time...
Wish I could have had someone with me to turn the water on and off in the house... but oh well.....
We shall see, we shall see!!!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2009, 07:51 PM  
Redwood
Certified Lunatic

I have seen pipes with so much condensate dripping off them they though there was a leak.

Check for a leaking flapper in a toilet. That is a frequent cause.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply