DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Plumbing Forum > Water pressure or flow problem

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-14-2009, 06:59 AM  
storyg
Duster

Thanks for the input but I still have the problem. I will try to give a better description of it.
The water pressure problem is the same through out the house. It is a manufactured double wide. Since it is the same problem for the whole house I had the water district check their incoming valve which they said was bad so they replaced or repaired it and set the water pressure at 60lbs. Still have the same problem so I checked the screen in the pressure regulator and it was not clogged enough to cause the problem. I cleaned the screen and turned up the pressure maybe two turns. Still have the same problem but have added another. When using the water or flushing the toilet I hear a banging or something similar coming from the regulator. Should I give up and call a plumber or how can I be sure it is not the regulator?
Almost forgot... I do have a whole house water softener system but because of the low water pressure I turned it off and set the valve to by pass so it does not go through the system.

Thanks for taking the time to read and answer these posts.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2009, 08:11 AM  
inspectorD
Housebroken
HRT_MODERATOR.png

Liked 122 Times on 102 Posts
Likes Given: 288

Default so

If they changed or repaired the pressure regulator, how did they know it worked if you are still having the same pressure issue?
Me thinks you are getting scammed, or they did not put in another "good" regulator. Call em back.
If you bypassed the softener and filtration system, and checked the screens, this seems like the next step. After that it may be time to flush the system.
I once had to change 3 starters on my truck until I recieved a good one, and they were checked out at the parts store...hmmmmm...the last one has been in there 10 years.

Just My
Made in the

Old 06-14-2009, 01:30 PM  
Nestor_Kelebay
Emperor Penguin

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I'd also check the water shut off valves on each side of your water meter. One or both of them might not have been fully opened after the last time the city replaced your water meter.

I'd also phone your town's water utility and ask if a bad water meter could cause the problem you're having.

Old 06-15-2009, 07:07 AM  
Speedbump
Water well etc.

Liked 21 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Describe your softening system. Are you sure you bypassed it? It sounds like either your pressure regulator or the softener.

Old 06-16-2009, 02:00 PM  
storyg
Duster

I just wanted to say thanks for the replies and to let everyone know the problem has been fixed. It was the pressure regulator. I found another coupling before the regulator that I could not identify so I took it off along with the regulator and took it to wiseway plumbing. They informed me that it was a shut off valve, the handle had been broken off and it was partly closed. It did cut down the water pressure a little but the regulator was the main problem. I replace both and walla I can now take a shower.
Aaah the little things in life!

Quick Reply