I don't drink tap water. I haven't since 2007 because of what I read about fluoride and chlorine being harmful to the body, and both are abundant in the water here. However, when I was taking a shower recently I noticed something strange. Some of the water accidentally got into my mouth and I noticed that it had a distinctly sweet taste to it. I thought about it for a few minutes, thinking it was minerals from some benign source, and then it suddenly dawned on me that it was actually toxic, toxic lead. I remember from chemistry that lead makes things taste sweet-ish.
The apartment is old, it was built in 1961, so there is a good chance that even if the pipes aren't made out of lead, which I'm pretty sure at least some of them are, there is lead solder is somewhere within the system. But I'm not 100% sure. Can anything else cause tap water to be sweet-tasting? Please help.