Hi all, I hope plumbing is the right forum to post this.
A whirlpool tub in one of the rental units I manage is leaking what appears to be black mold from a couple of the jet outlets. The tenant in that unit runs bleach water through the system to clean it out, but it always comes back. She does not use the whirlpool system otherwise, just the shower.
I asked if she runs clean (non-bleached) water to rinse the system after using bleach, and she does. So I suggested that next time she does not do the "rinse cycle" and just leave the bleached water in the system, thus preventing it from creating mold again.
Am I on the right track with this advice, or is there potential of damaging the system? My concern is the bleach eating away at any internal seals or other possible damage by leaving the bleached water in there.
Any other suggestions on the proper way to prevent mold build-up in the system?