DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Roofing and Siding > How low can I get away with on gutters?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-05-2010, 03:29 AM  
sdf1968

Default How low can I get away with on gutters?

Hi. First time on the board. I was looking for an answer on the internet and found this site. I have done a quick search but did not find what I was looking for.

I am trying to install a gutter on my house that never had gutters. I put a nail in at the bottom edge of the drip edge to hold one end of the chalk line. Pulled tight and put a line level on. For a 25 foot run the line was even with the bottom of drip edge for about 15 feet. Then it drops away from the bottom of the drip edge, (telling me that end of the roof is higher?) about 2 1/2 inches in the last 10 feet. I want to drain the water to that end of the roof. I have about an inch to hang gutter. My question is will hanging the gutter lower than the sofit on that end going to hurt anything? Will the rain make it in the gutter if it is 3 inches down from the drip edge?

New at this and it is really late so if there is more info that I left out, please fill me in.
Thanks

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply