DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Roofing and Siding > Missing Aluminum Siding - SMALL piece

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-21-2014, 02:55 PM  
walked

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default Missing Aluminum Siding - SMALL piece

I have a small section of aluminum siding between my porch and the corner of the home that is missing. Otherwise the siding is in reasonable condition and not really worth replacement.

I've been calling contractors to see if I can get this fixed, and most siding contractors wont touch the job because its so small, and most small-job contractors refuse to even try to touch it without having spare original siding (I do not).

Anyone have a suggestion? I've heard someone suggest bending some coil stock to fit; anyone have thoughts on the validity? What would I need to buy/rent to do that?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2014, 05:02 PM  
nealtw
Contractor

Liked 850 Times on 759 Posts
Likes Given: 1466

That will be an easy fix but before you get exited about that I would like to see a photo of that area from under the deck, just to see how it is constructed.
It does look like you can save the siding and still change windows.
This repair is nothing more than tacking a strip of wood the the red joist and sliding up a peice of alu. from below and a couple screws and caulk. The lumber yard has painted sheet stock of different width by the foot.

Old 03-22-2014, 10:12 AM  
beachguy005

Liked 57 Times on 51 Posts

If you're just trying to close up that opening between the porch joist and that white just get a couple pieces of aluminum step flashing. Slide one side under the existing siding and tack or just caulk the other side to the porch.

Quick Reply