DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Tools > Fein MultiMaster 7-in-1 Power Tool

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-30-2011, 08:48 PM  
joecaption

Liked 37 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I bought the Rockwell brand for less then 1/2 the price of a Fien and went back the next day and bought 2 more for my other crews. The next week Lowes had them on sale for about $100.00. I also bought one of the Dremal brand ossilating saws and brought it back. Nothing more then a toy.
They sell the blades for the Rockwell on EBay, one company had a deal on a pack of 15 blade for $90.00. That's $6.00 a blade.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2011, 03:24 PM  
handymaam

I did some re-tiling in my bathroom and after much deliberation, decided to get the Fein MM to remove the old grout. It worked like a charm. I did pretty much destroy the carbide blade by the time I was done, but it took no time at all. I was surprised and disappointed to find out that I can't cut tile (4 in. sq. ceramic) with it-even if I use a diamond blade. At least the company does not recommend it.
My next project with it was to sand the railings and posts on my porch so I could re-paint. I used the finger sander to get in between the posts. I found that the heat did cause the velcro on the pad which holds the sandpaper to actually melt and fall apart. Not only that, but the pad itself became unglued from the metal base that attaches to the tool.
After a little experimenting, I attached the pad back onto the metal with a good two part epoxy for metals and I replaced the velcro holding the paper on with adhesive-backed industrial strength velcro. Worked like a charm.
I love my Fein MM. Patience is a virtue both in having good results and saving the attachments from damage.
Handymaam

Old 11-01-2011, 07:35 AM  
joecaption

I own 2, Multi Crafters made by Rockwell and use them all most every day and have never had the first problum with them. I own 2 because someone was always borrowing mine or one of my men always had mine when I was ready to use it. I agree that Dremel tool is a tool.
The Multi Crafter cost 1/2 as much as the Fein and the blades also cost about 1/2 as much.
I found a set of 15 replacement blades on Amazon for $90.00. Far better then the $20.00 per blade cost at Lowes.

Old 11-01-2011, 03:41 PM  
joecaption

I own 2, Rockwell Multi Crafters a have used them for years and never had any trouble with them, except the fact everyone wants to borrow it, hence the reason I own two of them.
1/2 the cost of the Fein and the blades cost far less plus in a jam I can buy a new blade in Lowes.
I buy most of my blades on Amazon.com and have found some in a pack of 15 for around $90.00.

Old 04-08-2012, 02:05 PM  
Bubbax

There is a universal adapter that will allow you to use different brands of blades on different brands of oscillating tools that may be able to save you some money on blades. Here is a universal blade kit I found on Amazon with good reviews Versa-Tool MB3A3B3C3D1H1I1J Universal Oscillating Saw Blade Kit.

Old 04-08-2012, 11:48 PM  
joecaption

I own 2, Rockwell Multi tools and love them.
At less then 1/2 the price, and well worth buying.
I buy my blades on Amazon.com. There's a company that sells them in a pack of 15 for about $90.00 which is about $6.00 a pieces and they held up fine.

Quick Reply