DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Tools > milwaukee cordless

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-15-2011, 10:16 PM  
DrHicks
Big Hog

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecaption View Post
Years ago I had all Dewalt tools, all of them failed. The batterys never lasted more then a year, triggers were always going bad, one hammer drill burned up the first day just drilling 3/8 holes in morter, and the prices for parts and batterys is just to high.
I started buying Ryobi tools at less then 1/2 the price and have had only one sawsall fail after being dropped off of a 40 ft. ladder, one battery went bad and one impact gun needed a new trigger. That's out of 15 tools with at least 15 years of use every day by a crew of real tool abusers.
I can buy two new batterys for less then the cost of one from the other companys.
I've had good luck with all my DeWALT tools.

On the other hand, a plumber friend of mine will use nothing but Ryobi cordless VSR drills. He beats the heck out of the things every day. They stand up pretty well, and when they're shot they're not too expensive to replace.

Go figure.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply