DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Tools > Recommendations For Cordless Nail Gun

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-08-2009, 07:10 AM  
jef1

Thanks again, launchpad and thanks handyguys for the video & links. Last night my wonderful, beautiful wife - who will never have to make me a sandwich again - surprised me with an early Christmas present of the Paslode 900600 16-guage angled nailer. Since she knew I'd been researching and had also knew the gun I'd decided upon, she went to HD and picked up one that just happened to be on sale and included an extra fuel cell to boot.

She either loves me very much or just wants me to get started on hanging those doors asap.

I'd prefer to think she loves me very much.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2009, 03:52 PM  
lou19604

I have used both types air and gas. The air is a lot faster cause you only have to change out nails. However I prefer the gas type cause it allows me to work later (noise ordinace with a compressor runnin) It also packs up faster. EXCELLENT CHOICE FOR INSIDE USE. The two i have used are PASLODE and HITACHI You can get a recon paslode for 225.00 or a recon hitachi for 188.00 both have warranties and come like they did new (case battery charger glasses) To me there isnt that much of a diffrence to warrant spending an extra 50.00 when i can use that money for fuel. (There is a place online Reconditioned Sales, Inc. where I buy most of my tools.) I didnt do a scientific comparison on the tools I borrowed a freinds paslode for a week then went online found the hitachi recon place bought that kind. For what its worth The paslode was dropped down a flight of steps and had zereo damage. the hitachi was dropped from 8' onto a cement floor and had coffe spilled onto it , still works fine so its mainly up to how much money you want to spend

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply