DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > General Discussion > Introductions > Another Newbie with question

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-25-2008, 03:20 AM  
James Cole

Default Another Newbie with question

Hey, I'm new at using computer to find info on items that I wish to research but, as person that wishes to save my hard earned coins, I'll give it a try. You might be interested to know that I'm well versed in three trades-plumbing, carpentry and welding. That doesn't mean that I know everything there is to know in these fields only that I've been at these type jobs since 1977 and may be able to help someone with questions. My question today concerns a York electric furnace. Why would this heating system stop heating on the coldest day of this winter ? I've checked breakers, I've replaced the seperate (4) fuses and still I have no heat. That squirel cage fan is still blowing but there's no warmth to the air comming out of duct work.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2008, 08:38 AM  
travelover

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

There must be an internal switch between the electric power in and the heating elements. This switch is controlled by the thermostat. I'd look there first.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply