DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > General Discussion > Introductions > blown in insulation

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-02-2009, 03:12 PM  
mslovesun

Default blown in insulation

recently I ignored my condition of sensitivity toward different materials and chemicals and had blown in insulation containing recycled newspapers, fire retardents, cellulous I believe they call it. I have issues respitory probs. with these things. Anyway the company said to have to remove it from all the walls they just put it in they would have to tear up my entire original outside walls, because they couldn't just vaccume it out, because it sticks. Anyway, the dust just came through my areas, like ceiling and wall seams etc. If I do a heavy cleaning after the construction will my headaches, chest pain/tightness go away? In other words is this sealed in or does this always find a way to seap through different areas.
thanx
Mary

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2009, 08:45 AM  
Huh?

How old is your house? What type of ac do you use. Do you use sealing fans? There are a hole host of issue that you have to be worried about when trying to seal down a house.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply