DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum

DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum (
-   Introductions (
-   -   Building cracks (

addembe76 05-25-2007 08:43 AM

Building cracks
Hello members, this is Damps a new member to the forum.
There are 'structural' cracks that have developed in my house due to vibrations from road construction plant operating next to my fence. How can I solve the problem - i fear my house may come down.


mudmixer 05-25-2007 07:13 PM

Call a structural engineer to determine if they are really structural cracks and what the best appraoch to take is. He will be working for you and looking at your house, so you are entitled to ask him all the tough questions you can.

He is the only person that will be able to see what you are describing.


glennjanie 05-26-2007 09:48 AM

Welcome Damps:
It sounds like the road construction company may be liable for the damages. Can you prove there was no damage before they moved in? Go through old photos of the house, inside and outside that you can date as pre-construction and then tkae pictures of the damages. It may get the job done for you at their expense.
Here in Western Kentucky, we have a lot of experience in home damage from coal mines and their blasting.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:44 AM.