DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > General Discussion > Introductions > First house on my own-lots to fix!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-14-2009, 06:57 PM  
Handygal Frau

Default First house on my own-lots to fix!

Hi, I'm new here...stumbled on it while trying to figure out how to fix a rim joist under my fridge. I just bought my first house- it's a 50's bungalow in need of some upgrades and fixes. I haven't moved in yet, so I have a couple of weeks to paint and strip the horrible fruit wallpaper in the kitchen, lay new laminate floors, and get the inside ready. I also will be reshingling the roof in August, and having the electrical upgraded to 100amp in Sept.

I hope to find tons of useful info here, and I might be able to help out with some questions, since I've done a bit of this & that over the years.
Cheers,

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2009, 11:26 PM  
jackrabitt

Default this old house

we r thinking about buying this house first time buyer and it was the house i lived in as a kid its over 55yrs old our home itr was in the family bu i can get it cheap , So here is my question the floors r bowes uneven can they be cut out and replace no basement might need reinforsed what do u think

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply